ICES (Institut catholique d'études supérieures, France)-Pázmány Dual Degree
A new, dual degree master program is about to launch at Pázmány Péter Catholic University. The french Institut Catholique d’Etudes Supérieures and the Budapest-based Pázmány Péter Catholic University signed a protocol in 2011, in which both institutions agreed on the establishment of a Dual Degree MA program. Within the two-year program, Hungarian students will attend two semesters at Pázmány Péter Catholic University (International Studies MA) and two semesters at the Institut Catholique d’Etudes Supérieures (Master sciences politiques spécialité relations internationales et pratiques culturelles) based in la Roche-sur-Yon.
HOW CAN YOU APPLY? (Information for Hungarian students)
All holders of International Studies BA degree can apply to the dual degree program. The language of study is English and French. Applicants must have at least an intermediate level of English and French to be considered for admission. For more information on the programme of study for students from ICES please click here. For more information on the programme of study for students from PPCU please click here.
Have a look at the Student Guide of ICES for the 2015/2016 academic year!
Applicants are required:
- to write a motivation letter in English
- to participate in an interwiev where their level of English will be tested.
- to fill out and send back to ICES this application sheet (and the required documents) by 10 April to the following address:
Institut Catholique d'Études Supérieures
Directrice des relations internationales
International Office Manager
17 Boulevard des Belges
85017 La Roche-sur-Yon Cedex,
HOW CAN YOU APPLY? (Information for French students)
- Nomination is managed by the coordinator of the home university
- Students should send the following documents scanned to the Pázmány Péter Catholic University coordinator per e-mail:
- Completed Application Form
- Learning Agreement filled in with the support of the coordinator of the home university
- Transcript of records about your previous studies in English
- Certificate of your student status issued by the home university in English
- Copy of your ID card or passport
- Certificate of BA studies and its translation in English
- Signed Acceptance Request
- Credit Transfer Request (the yellow parts should be filled in; other parts will be filled in by us and sent back to you for signature)
ABOUT THE MA PROGRAM:
The programme duration is two years (four semesters). Following the successful completion of the program, students will recieve two MA degrees.
The dual degree program is free for those students who participate in the tution-free training at Pázmány Péter Catholic University. This means that they don't have to pay tution fee or any other additional cost neither to the Pázmány Péter Catholic University, nor to the Institut Catholique d’Etudes Supérieures. Those students who participate in the fee-paying training are not required to pay extra costs in addition to the tution fee.
Upon graduation, most students move into jobs in the following fields: diplomatic and consular careers; International Organisations, NGOs; teaching and research; state entities; social action entities; local, regional and national public governance institutions; private companies and business associations; financial institutions; media and public relations entities; European Union Institutions; multinational corporations.