CEEPUS (Central European Exchange Program for University Studies) is an exchange academic programme in the fields of education and research which involves 15 Central-European countries, that offers both teachers and students opportunities to spend a study or teaching period abroad at the partner universities. The programme started in 1995 and now it is in its third phase with rising success, demonstrated by the increasing number of involved participants. The main activity of CEEPUS is university networks (created minimum 3 universities from 3 different countries) operating joint programs. CEEPUS covers mobility grants for students and teachers in this framework. It is a unique opportunity to share knowledge and experiences among countries with a common cultural heritage and a strong background of academic cooperation.
In a few words...
- Who? students and teachers
- How long? 1 month (researching) minimum 3 to maximum 10 months (studying) (Minimum stay for students - awarded for only one month: 21 days, awarded for more than one month: 16 days of the last month.)
- Which countries? Albania, Austria, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Bulgaria, Croatia, Macedonia, Moldavia, Montenegro, Poland, Prishtina/Kosovo, Romania, Serbia, Slovakia, Slovenia, the Czech Republic and Hungary.
- How? Mobility within networks or individually as freemover (more information go: How to apply?)
- Why? ...why not!
We are members of 4 networks at the moment
- CIII-CZ-0029-10-1415: Idea of Europe in European culture, history and politics
- CIII-HU-0809-02-1415: FISH (French, Italian, SpanisH) - Romance Languages and Cultures - Strategies of Communication and Culture Transfer in Central Europe
- CIII-HU-0908-01-1415: Confessional and ethnic interactions in the Habsburg Monarchy
- CIII-AT-0037-10-1415Slavic Philology and Its Cultural Contexts
If you have any questions, don't hesitate to contact our International Office.
Does the CEEPUS world seem to be a Babel tower to you? The list below could help you to understand this strange language.
- NCO: National CEEPUS Office
- CCO: Central CEEPUS Office
- Home ppu (participating unit): home institution
- Host ppu: host institution
- Letter of Confirmation (LoC): document confirming the stay; to be filled in online by the host institution at the end of the stay.