HAS-PPCU Research Group on Baroque Literature and Spirituality
The research group was established in 2012, building on earlier research antecedents. The topic of research is baroque literature and spirituality in the Carpathian basin. Its aim is the recording of and the informatic processing of printed and handwritten prayers, carols, sermons etc, the continuous management of the bibliography of specialist literature, the publication of significant texts, furthermore the exploration and cataloguing of the baroque official pontifical literature (orations, verses and performances of salutation, gifts), as well as the encouragement of research in these areas.
Not only does the group organise numerous conferences (this year saw the ninth conference on the history of spirituality) for the presentation of its research findings, and encourages continuing scholarly debate within the country, but it also issues regular publications:
- Tanulmányok a régi magyarországi prédikációk kompilációjáról (‘Studies on the compilation of old Hungarian sermons’), edited by Ibolya Maczák, Budapest, MTA-PPCU Research Group on Baroque Literature and Spirituality, 2014.
- A nők és a régi magyarországi vallásosság (‘Women and old Hungarian piety’), edited by Rita Bajáki and Orsolya Báthory (Pázmány Literary Workshop – History of Spirituality Studies 8), Budapest, MTA-PPCU Research Group on Baroque Literature and Spirituality, 2015.
- Régi magyar népénekek és imádságok (‘Ancient Hungarian carols and prayers’), edited by Judit Bogár (Pázmány Literary Workshop – History of Spirituality Studies 10), Budapest, MTA-PPCU Research Group on Baroque Literature and Spirituality, 2015.
- Szent Anna tisztelete Magyarországon a barokk korban (‘Honouring Saint Anna in Hungary in the baroque period’), selected, arranged, and introduced by László N. Szelestei (Pázmány Literary Workshop – Sources in History of Spirituality 4), Budapest, MTA-PPCU Research Group on Baroque Literature and Spirituality, 2015.
- Managing the internet bibliography in the field of research of history of spirituality.