The Doctoral School of Linguistics of Pázmány Péter Catholic University invites applications to its English language PhD program in APPLIED LINGUISTICS.
The program consists of three main components:
- weekly consultations with a supervisor
- supervised research, leading to the writing of a PhD dissertation
1. Obligatory and elective courses include the following:
Applied linguistics, Language pedagogy, Language testing and assessment, First language acquisition, Second language acquisition,Language technology, Corpus linguistics, Pragmatics, Sociolinguistics,Psycholinguistics, Phonology, Morphology, Syntax, Semantics, Academic English, Research methodology, Statistics, etc.
Courses are taken during the first two years of the training, which period is concluded by a complex examination.
2. Consultations with the supervisor take place from the first to the fourth year of the program.
3. Additional credits must be earned through research activities: conference presentations and research publications.