Institute/Department: Institute of International Studies and Political Science
Level of education: magister, master, MA
Type of training: full-time training
Qualification: Political Scientist
Study area: Social Science
Duration of programme: 4 semesters, 120 credits
Location of the programme: Hungary, Budapest, Sophianum (H-1088 Budapest, Mikszáth Kálmán square 1.)
Curriculum of the programme (2022-2023)
Available in the framework of the following scholarship programmes:
- Stipendium Hungaricum (full-time training)
- Scholarship for Christian Young People (full-time training)
- Diaspora Scholarship (full-time training)
Short description of the programme:
MA in Political Science focuses on both practical and theoretical issues. Among the strengthens of the program will be mentioned political philosophy; religion and politics; political communication; research methodology; economics; comparative studies. The 4-semester program requires a 2-week training, two certificates of language proficiency; and a thesis. An optional English language training course for free is highly recommended.
- Academic requirements: any BA degree from the following social sciences: Political Science, International Relations, Social studies; or BA in Public Administration.
- Language requirements: English language competency at level B2 or higher.
Requirements and accepted foreign language tests: B2 →
All applicants will take part in an entrance exam prior to acceptance to the programme.
The oral interview measures general aptitude, foreign language skills, sufficient background knowledge and student's motivation.